View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 03:05 AM   #89
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@jaredv - thanks but I'm afraid all that author stuff is a complete red herring. In the situation where a goodreads id is specified the plugin doesn't look at any of title or author (hence why my instructions above for others to test it said only to create the empty book and specify the id). The author name actually on your book is only used in the situation where the plugin has no isbn or goodreads id, and hence has to do a "search" against the goodreads site and match by title/author. Even in that situation author sort order does not matter as the plugin takes care of the permutations.

I need to see the actual html you are receiving back from Goodreads. You are a Windows user, right? Use the attached version of the plugin, which will write out a file called at c:\goodreads.html when you try the metadata download. Run it once for that same Sisterhood of Dune book above, then immediately put that in a zip and post or PM a link to it back to me. I will take a look to compare with what I see.

Last edited by kiwidude; 02-26-2012 at 04:13 AM. Reason: Removing attachment as purpose completed
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote