View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 06:06 PM   #22
calvin-c
Guru
calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moon+ Pro
One of the major reasons Microsoft became the dominant force it did is because they realized that growing the market gave them more sales than cornering the market. IOW, they marketed PC's to non-PC users (in the generic sense of PC).

Apple, I think, is attempting the same with the iPad. It doesn't appear to me that they're marketing this for people who currently read ebooks, but that they're trying to pick up all the casual readers & convert them to ebooks. A color screen will help with that, as will the ability to do 'other things' besides read. But it'll need to be a fairly decent ereader or people will try it, then treat it as 'just a tablet netbook'. Until it's actually in use I have no idea how well it will work as an ereader-but I seriously doubt it'll work well enough to satisfy most MR members. We're already ebook readers so we're not in the target market, IMO.
calvin-c is offline   Reply With Quote