View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 10:37 AM   #1
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
How to download ebooks from the MobileRead Library

Are you aware we have over 15,000 public domain books available here for any device? Each and everyone lovingly formatted by our own members. Extraneous pages deleted, spelling and punctuation corrected.

Heres how to locate them.

Click the "e-book" tab at the top of the page in the blue bar.

Under "formats" click the appropriate one for your device. For example, for a Kindle, click on "mobipocket"

Now you'll see the books listed by author. To search for a particular one, click on the first letter of the last name. For example, "D" for Conan Arthur Doyle.

To search by genre, click on the little down arrow next to the 'genre' box.

Find a book you want, the link should be on the first post of the thread.

Download it to your computer, sideload it to your device, and ta-da!.......

Repeat as needed.

Calibre is a great device for keeping them organized editing the metadata.

Others will post with more hints, I'm sure.

Oh......and I forgot this!

About the Mobipocket Download Guide.........

If you are lucky enough to have a Kindle, you can download this to your computer, ( I downloaded it to my desktop), then upload to your Kindle via the USB cord.

Once that is done.......you can use your wireless feature to download books from MobileRead directly from your device!

The guide can also be updated via your Kindle.....

Fair warning.......this can run your battery down faster than normal.

Last edited by ravenne; 02-09-2010 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Recognition to formatters
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote