View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 09:40 AM   #6
RobFreundlich
Connoisseur
RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Tablet with Calibre Companion and Moon+ Reader Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Another one to try:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ro99ma.EjectSD

After that, I am at a loss.
Thanks for the recommendation. Unfortunately, I need an app, not a widget, because there's no way to use widgets from the Kindle Fire's homescreen.

I'm already set up to use GO Launcher Ex to get out to a "real" homescreen, and it has a dismount/remount widget that I'm using. So I have a solution in hand, but it's 4 steps - run GO Launcher, click widget to dismount, click widget to dismount, click Kindle button in GO Launcher to get back to Kindle homescreen.

What I'm looking for is an app that I can stick into my KF homescreen's Favorites shelf and save myself a couple of those steps. Although as I think about it, to really save steps, I'd need two apps - one to dismount, and one to mount (bringing me down to 2 steps). Or an app that simply toggles the mount state. That'd do it in 2 steps too.

Otherwise it's still 4 steps - run app, click dismount, click mount, exit app. So maybe this is a fool's errand.

Or maybe when I have a free moment I'll try to write the "toggle state" app. Which ought to be possible since it's what the widgets do, but see earlier comment about not putting Widgets in the KF homescreen. And earlier earlier comment about loving the KF but being annoyed by some of Amazon's design choices.
RobFreundlich is offline   Reply With Quote