View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 01:46 PM   #206
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Which leads me to think that writers who plan prequels may be putting their readership at risk. My understanding, is that prequels are often treated as bonus stories. I would think that any information that was a "have to have" would be included in the series proper.
Possibly, but I think you'll find that most authors who write prequels (planned-out-but-meant-to-be-read-later-prequels) have a fairly rabid fanbase who will scarf up everything they would ever deign to publish—the very second it's published.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote