View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 07:41 PM   #15
cmbs
non-believer
cmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook Gen 3, JetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by srml View Post
No, it doesn't. Actually Bookeen is infringing the ICU License by not mentioning the fact that the license allows the redestribution of the icudt36l.dat file contained in the system folder.

Daniel
That's one of three files in the system folder.

Nothing personal, but I don't know who you are or if you have a clue. I haven't investigated, and I'm not going to, but I think it's safe to say if you didn't create the file, and you didn't get it from the copyright holder WITH PERMISSION TO DISTRIBUTE, I'd say it's safe to assume you don't have permission to distribute. Anyone who really wants to distribute these files should be responsible enough to investigate their legal authority to do so. I'm not going to distribute them.

If bookeen is using a file illegally, I wouldn't be overly shocked. I'm damn sure not defending them, but I would defend their right to their own creations.
cmbs is offline   Reply With Quote