View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 12:20 PM   #12
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shack70 View Post
How about The First Law Series by Joe Abercrombie? I am reading book 1 The Blade Itself right now and it's very good. Not too many characters and really well written.
I had problems getting into the First Law series. It had an odd tone to it. Didn't make it very far into book 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
Great series, I loved that one. A one volume fantasy that I would like to recommend is "Tigana", by Guy Gavriel Kay. A series that I've had a lot of fun reading recently is "The Riyria Revelations".
I've read the first 3 in the Riyria Revelations, and they're so fun. I swear that book 2 was based around Trogdor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post
Elantris or Mistborn, from Brandon Sanderson. The first is a stand alone book, the other is a trilogy.
I seem to be the only person who loved Mistborn and hated (not disliked) Elantris.
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote