Thread: Firmware Update Problems Updating to Newest Firmware
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 08:50 AM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Wily View Post
I used the uninstall .bin that was included in the gzip I originally downloaded, but the update still didn't take. When I get home tonight, I'll try the uninstaller at the site you linked me to.

I didn't delete the screen_savers folder before trying to install the new update. Could that be the problem?

Also, if I'm able to update my Kindle, will using the screensaver hack at the site you linked me to give me custom screensavers while keeping PDF support and increased battery life?
You will not be able to install the 2.3 update with the screensaver hack on your Kindle (there is no need to delete you "screen_savers" folder).

Would you please tell me what the current version number of your Kindle is and where you downloaded the screensaver hack you installed (a link to it if you can)?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote