View Single Post
Old 09-06-2009, 07:38 AM   #10
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It's a while since I worked out the numbers - I'm sure you're right. The real point, though, is that the number of people you need to get a coincidence of birthdays is far smaller than most people think it "should" be.
Yes, I know. I just checked it since I remembered another number for 50% and I thought intuitively (yes, I know you should not trust your intuition but it was correct in this case) that 30 was to small for nearly sure.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote