View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 10:55 AM   #13
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
Because they buy the cards for far less the face value this makes it unethical and preys on desperation of people in a bind.
What do you mean? People sell things all the time because they need the money...like cars or stereos. See any local pawn shop. Most people sell these cards because they'll never use them. You make a choice to sell it, nobody makes you do it. Some people also swap for cards they can use. I have a Keg gift card for $50 I got as a christmas bonus at work. I already know I don't have the other $50 I would have to spend out of pocket because everything is so expensive there, so I sell it for $40 on CardSwap and get something I can actually use. What is so unethical about it? I made a *choice* to sell something I don't want and get something that I do want, whether it's cash or another card. If you don't want to do it that's fine, but there are people that do use the site and can save at least a little bit of money on occasion.

I'm hoping to grab a couple gift cards for my stepdaughter for christmas this year and save a couple bucks while doing it.
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote