View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 03:04 PM   #60
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Your feelings on the matter are fine except that you added a "personal attack" to those who were vocal before you. You can try to call it whatever you want but your responses of late have not been gracious. No one was "forcing" anything, we were all making our opinions known. Saying "I was being vocal becuase he was being Vocal" is not a valid argument. Like I tell my children, two wrongs do not make a right, it just gets everyone involved in trouble.
PilotBob has graciously offered a compromise. Whether or not you agree with his offer, the fact that he made it should have been accepted for what it was. The idea should not have been jumped all over. As the senior member/leader of this club it was his offer to make; just like when it comes to the Literary Book club it would have been your offer to make since you started that club.
I have to disagree with you. I never meant anything as a personal attack and I think you've made some good points over the course of the discussion.

I think we're both being very vocal and I don't necessarily see anything wrong with it on either side. But I think Jon and then you being so vocal has confused things to a degree that it seems like more people are adamant about a change than really are.

At this point, if the poll results stay the same, I think to change the classic months in any way would be to invalidate the poll.

I do think pilotbob's offer was gracious to those not wanting two classic months, but I am giving my opinion that it doesn't seem necessary or fair considering the poll results so far.

However, he is the leader of the club so it is his decision to make. As I've said before, I'm fine with whatever is decided.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote