View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 05:01 AM   #5
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
That's incorrect. Even though the website is pretty much dead, it's still possible to activate Mobipocket books with Mobipocket Reader.

Unlike other software products, Mobipocket books can only be registered once. I.e., it's not possible to sell used Mobipocket books or dictionaries on a CD. You should ask the seller for a refund, because s/he was most likely aware of this issue.
Doitsu:

Yeah, except MBP Reader isn't even available on the old site, either; you have to go hither and yon all over the internet to find it, and it's on some (to me) questionable sites where I wouldn't download it, myself. I don't know why they took Reader down and not Creator, but they did. FWIW.

And, yes, I'd be shocked if the seller didn't know of the issue. Almost anyone in the ebook world knows that the Mobipocket site has been dead or nearly dead for at least 3 years, closer to 4.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote