View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 12:37 AM   #36
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
Earlier Samsung was using its left over or extra parts and production capacity to produce Galaxy players. But now they have shifted to producing low to mid tier phones targeting the Asian market using those same parts as they expect better sales for those. Almost every week we are getting info on new large screen mid tier phones from Samsung so I have a feeling Samsung Galaxy players are dead. Few people are going to buy a $200-300 for a purely a media player compared to a smartphone that can also be a media player. Just yesterday their was a leak about a new galaxy phones named Samsung Galaxy Mega.
With the Galaxy phones selling so well Samsung has been able utilize its production despite apple using it less and less. Maybe once Apple completely stops using Samsung they might start producing Galaxy players again but I doubt it as its a dying market they would be better of targeting smartphones. With newer smartphones having bigger batteries and screens players are becoming irrelevant. Apple is unlikely to stop producing iPods as its a good way for it to get children hooked into its iOS ecosystem and iPhone being the natural progression for them. So for Apple to keep producing and upgrading iPod is a good strategy not so for Samsung.
I am going to have to take you on.

1. You neglect the total cost of a smartphone which includes not only the cellular part but the cost of a phone/data package. Somewhere between $1000 to $2000 or more per year.
$150 to $300 for a player is still less than $400 to $600 for a unlocked smartphone that is not used as a phone.

2. You assume only Apple is thinking about bringing the children up in an operating system and a particular market. Do you think no one over at Samsung or Google or another android operating system will think of that.

3. And finally, you are thinking that with no more unneeded parts to throw into players, why should Samsung or anyone bother to manufacture some parts for their android players. While of course Apple will do this.

Man, that is a real stretch!

(Personally, I think you just fell off the dock.)
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote