View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 07:29 PM   #234
victauria
Grand Sorcerer
victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuaneAA View Post
After listening to audiobooks for over ten years, I have come to realize the narrator is, for me, the most important factor. A good narrator can make almost any book enjoyable, but a poor narrator can wreck even a great book.

Duane
I'm sorry to say that this has just proven true for me. I've never, ever quit a book, but I couldn't finish even the first disc of WARRIOR CLASS by Dale Brown. I like Dale Brown's stuff, have read other books of his, but this audio book was just untenable for me. The narrator is Carson Andrews, and I have to add him to a short list of do-not-listen-to-no-matter-what.

YMMV, but I found his staccato delivery so abrasive that I found myself actively not listening as hard as I could . And the Russian accent? Yikes! Don't get me started!

Ah well, lots more where that one came from...now to go find them.
victauria is offline   Reply With Quote