View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 11:10 AM   #83
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by savemykindle View Post
thanks twobob for your input. unfortunately, I didn't get the wall charger from amazon. I did try charging with those usb ports from a universal adapter overnight and the orange light does stay on for many hours, same goes for charging through a pc. However for both cases, I find that the orange light does go off after some hours which seems to indicate the battery is full and it is no longer charging.

Furthermore it is weird that my kindle went utterly flat since it was full just a day before when i left it on the table and haven't touched it at all... unless the battery indicator is not accurate..

I do wonder though if there is a flaw in the K4NT that makes them so hard to charge up.. do you charge it uninterrupted for say 8 hours when you first got the device? does that help with the battery life?
Not a "flaw" just no battery management control software running.

If you "just left it sitting on the table" in diags mode - your battery should discharge to un-usable condition in less than 12 hours.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=78

Both the LED indicator and the battery charger / battery management is under software control.
If your software is not running properly, neither is the controls.
Translation:
You can not trust the LED unless all things are normal.

The "charge for 8 hours" is based on using a low current charge source (USB port or USB charger) and covers re-charging the battery from the 70% charge level (which is how they ship) to a 90%+ level.

If you do not have a wall charger (high current charge source) then with a **good** Kindle, it may take 20 hours or more to re-charge.
With a **bad** Kindle, it will take somewhere between several days to never.

The above: **good** means operating normally, and **bad** means any other condition.

Last edited by knc1; 10-22-2012 at 11:30 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote