View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 10:33 PM   #35
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
I don't see "everyone" buying a Smartphone for several good reasons so I think players are still a market.

Maybe Archos will bring out a new model. The Archos 43 is pretty good but is getting old like the Samsung Players.
Earlier Samsung was using its left over or extra parts and production capacity to produce Galaxy players. But now they have shifted to producing low to mid tier phones targeting the Asian market using those same parts as they expect better sales for those. Almost every week we are getting info on new large screen mid tier phones from Samsung so I have a feeling Samsung Galaxy players are dead. Few people are going to buy a $200-300 for a purely a media player compared to a smartphone that can also be a media player. Just yesterday their was a leak about a new galaxy phones named Samsung Galaxy Mega.
With the Galaxy phones selling so well Samsung has been able utilize its production despite apple using it less and less. Maybe once Apple completely stops using Samsung they might start producing Galaxy players again but I doubt it as its a dying market they would be better of targeting smartphones. With newer smartphones having bigger batteries and screens players are becoming irrelevant. Apple is unlikely to stop producing iPods as its a good way for it to get children hooked into its iOS ecosystem and iPhone being the natural progression for them. So for Apple to keep producing and upgrading iPod is a good strategy not so for Samsung.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote