View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 06:16 AM   #10
Oldpilot
Groupie
Oldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with others

Device: Kindle
Well, I upload html to the KDP "bookshelf". It is then converted by Kindlegen or a grownup variant of it. The recommended system is to download and use Kindlegen, which I believe is a command-line program (think DOS). I think the same effect can be had by downloading and using Amazon's "enhanced previewer" and dragging&dropping your Word to it.

Mobipocket Creator was a software Amazon bought six or so years ago to get a running start in e-books. For several years Mobi and Amazon published in parallel; then Mobi books were dropped from the Amazon store and sold only on the Mobi store. Then Mobi closed except to previous customers. Then it closed altogether and paid off those who had money owing them. With the advent of Kindle Format 8 last year (for the Fire etc), Mobipocket Creator really became obsolete or anyhow obsolescent.
Oldpilot is offline   Reply With Quote