Thread: Troubleshooting How do I backup my reading positions?
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 07:18 PM   #9
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilis View Post
I'm late to the party, but can I second this? My Kindle Touch is, um, burping a bit- and I'd like to back everything up just in case. I'm midway through something like 25+ books (short attention span!) and I don't want to lose my places/notes.

I found this thread in an online search, and I'm curious to know how to back up my places. Help please?
I sync then I just backup the Documents folder it keeps everything for non Amazon books and DRM free Amazon books.

When I get a new Kindle (Currently own 5 Kindles) I just copy the folder over to the new Kindle. Any Amazon books with DRM will have to be redownloaded but everything should be sync on their server.

This works for K3, K4 Kindles. The PW and KT I think would work together but not if you moved everything over to a K3 or K4 from a K5 because the file structure is a bit different.

Last edited by Blossom; 01-24-2013 at 07:20 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote