View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 10:00 AM   #36
banjomike
Addict
banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505,DSlibris,nook Glow & Simple & HD+,Tab S2,Moon+,Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It's attractive compared to the £199 of the PRS-650, but it is competitive against the £111 of the WiFi Kindle?
It might be with the ePub support. The lack of ePub on Kindle is STILL the main reason I avoid Kindle.

As far as the Bose comparison goes we need to remember that for audiophiles (and I speak as someone with a wall full of Linn, Acoustic Research, and Denon kit) the quality of Bose is possibly more perceived than actual. I've never met or spoken or messaged an audio nut who ever bought or even seriously considered Bose, or Bang & Olufsen, etc. They have the rep but only sell to people who buy into that reputation. If Sony go that route, either deliberately or because we plebs think they have then they will end up with a range of kit which is too expensive, not QUITE good enough, but makes people go "Oooh, Nice".

I want good kit, reasonable prices, and ePub. Wifi would be nice if Calibre can support it so I can copy books to the device without worrying about whether the partial recharge the battery will get will shorten the life.

/end rant
banjomike is offline   Reply With Quote