View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 01:40 PM   #72
ebusinesstutor
Star Gawker
ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Some great points here. I don't think dedicated ereaders will disappear immediately, but I do think the trend towards convergence will eventually win out.

I remember wanting a PDA years ago, but could never justify the cost. Now, PDA,s are all gone with their scheduling, notes and contact management features all taken over by cell phones.

I used to carry an MP3 player and a cell phone. Now, my iPhone is my MP3 player.

When I looked at buying my first ereader, I decided to read on my iPhone for 6 months first to see if I would enjoy it as much as "real" books. I found my enjoyment wasn't diminished. But, since I found the screen didn't bother me, I then jumped directly to a 7" Android tablet for reading. It was only about double the cost of the ereader I was looking at and does so much more.

I think as more tablets come out and price drops, more people will make a similar choice.
ebusinesstutor is offline   Reply With Quote