View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 08:36 PM   #55
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Here is a 100% crop of the shot showing the text:

Here is a link to view other sizes of the image if you want

EDIT: I have to say after looking at the cleaned up version of the devices that the Pixel Qi display is actually crisper text to my eye. Still that can easily be the result of the dismally poor original shot. Still, I see a lot of what good ol' Mary Lou was tell us is true...exciting stuff for sure.

Now my conundrum will be a new & much needed lens or a PiQ based reading device this summer? I had planed on waiting until after the first of the year, buuuut, this might be that game changer I was hoping for...and, yup the gen 1 devices will likely be simply retrofitted with the display so no change to re-design the guts to be more efficient. One hope I have is they will not use the lower power display to go with a beefier CPU and video hardware that will eat up any power savings the display would offer.

Last edited by brecklundin; 06-02-2009 at 02:58 AM.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote