View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 04:51 PM   #11
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
I am a former HP employee and I was also part of IT department. So let me tell you this ... HP is just "too late" to start selling tablets like this.

They rushed the 1st tablet and made a horrendous mistake. They did not hear what IT people were saying about the hardware and tried to push a product that was not ready, killing a fantastic Os like it was webOs.

With people still thinking about that horrible decision where some paid 300+ just to know later that price was drop to 90 bucks? ... I doubt this will have any impact on current market.

Compared to some tablets like the Nook HD, which is 129 (full Android access) or the Nexus 7, even the Fire, I do not see why someone else would prefer the HP one.

Like someone else said, HP is going to the wrong direction. They need to innovate instead of trying to play the catch up game with others.

HP used to be awesome on innovation but cost reduction and sales numbers are now their only motto. It's so big and so many departments and business divisions that they are struggling to control themselves.
Yep, I'm still using an HP DM3-3012NR laptop. Old but still good and it runs Windows 7. My HP Pavillion desktop finally died after many years of constant use so I now have a Mac Mini as my primary computer.

As far as the HP WebOS tablet fiasco, most people have probably forgotten already. Consumers seem to have a very short memory! I'm still amazed that HP bought WebOS in the first place. Palm took way too long to develop it, so long they lost the small device OS war. Then HP just sat on it for a long time. By the time they offered their tablet it was too late. Consumers let them know that they were not interested in breaking in any new OSes. BB found that out too, but they were still stupid enough to introduce BB10!