View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 12:26 PM   #2
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Well, to tell the truth I didn't finish the book. About halfway inot it I realized I didn't care about the people involved and/or the outcome and I had other things I wanted to do instead of reading.
That being said, I did enjoy the 100 or so pages I did read. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the writing. I did not expect that at all! I'm pretty sure I read this book way back when I was a teenager, and back then the detective part (that had me yawning this time) was what pulled me in. I doubt I cared much about language or writing style back then, so it was really eye opening to reread the part that I did read!
I've always thought of the Philip Marlow books as "hard boiled", but comparing to today's crime books it felt very "benign". Which is nice!
I may come back to it when I'm in better mode for it, because the writing really appealed to me!
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote