View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 06:14 PM   #76
JAcheson
Tech Writer
JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JAcheson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, Nook Color, Nook Simple Touch, Vizio Tablet, Nexus 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizwor View Post
If you aren't even going to try to understand the post you are responding to, then OK, you have me.
The part I disagree with is Microsoft selling more consoles than Nintendo this generation, which flat out has not happened. Nintendo won this generation, while Microsoft and Sony took turns damaging their brands with hardware and software calamities.

As for the topic at hand, I don't see any harm to B&N from putting their Nook software on Win 8 tablets, particularly if it helps ease their patent woes. If Win 8 is a huge success, it helps them, and if Win 8 bombs as a tablet OS, it really doesn't hurt them.

I don't see the B&N Nook hardware switching to a Microsoft OS any time soon. They are already committed to Android, and have an edge vs. Amazon because they were producing a third-generation device while Amazon was working on their first generation Android tablet. Switching to some mobile version of Windows would put them back at square one, while meanwhile Amazon is surely working on a second-generation Fire.

Also, if B&N had decided to switch operating systems, I would expect to be reading about high-level staff leaving their Nook team.
JAcheson is offline   Reply With Quote