View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 10:46 AM   #2
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
When you factor in the fact that the human hand was not made to hold a 4-inch phone
Fancy that. I never knew all humans had hands that were the same size.

This 'you can't reach the whole screen with your thumb' argument gets used too often. I've got longer fingers, so the larger screen on my Galaxy S is fine for me to use one-handed. But most of the time I don't need to. I've got both hands free, and it's always going to be easier to hold it in one and tap and swipe with the other, regardless of the size of the phone.

And that bit about needing to make phones larger than 4" widescreen and therefore difficult to write apps for is just bizarre. Sure, some things like on screen keyboards take up a larger percentage of the vertical space in landscape, but not that much more. And there are corresponding advantages, like, you know, more width for web pages and other content.

If enough iOS users make it clear that they'd like a larger screen, then I'm sure Apple will find a way to release a larger phone.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote