View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 05:17 AM   #15
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkus View Post
A few questions:
1. Are you talking about version 5.3 of the application.

2. If possible, can you provide links to the epubs you are side-loading that are not functioning correctly, if they are free content that is. If not, please let me know the title / author of the book and where it was obtained from.
I want to try and replicate this issue in-house but obviously need the epubs to be able to do this.
I am running 5.3, but it is on iOS 4.2 (not upgrading to 5, too many issues IMHO).

I downloaded the mobi and used Calibre to convert it. I can email you the converted epub is you like.
http://baencd.thefifthimperium.com/1...Mars/index.htm

Funny thing is, on the Kobo wifi it is correct, using the Bluefire or Stanza app the formatting is correct. Just on the iOS app with Kobo styling off it doesn't space between paragraphs properly. What I mean is, the book is written where a space occurs between paragraphs, or sections, when a scene changes.

An example from the ebook is;

Quote:
"Yes sir, " Conner replied, and immediately began passing along strings of orders to the senior advisors in the room and across the system via AIC QM.
Alberts decided to take a stroll around the West Wing and wait for further developments. The end of his era was going to come soon and he feared now with much less praise than he had hoped for. His legacy was changing dramatically by the second.

"CAG on deck!"
"At ease." Lieutenant Commander Jack Boland stepped up to the podium in the front of the briefing room. The large gray conference room was more than thirty meters wide and twice that deep and could hold a seated audience of more than a thousand people in the stadium seating. The room was crowded and standing-room-only at present.
"All right, here is our game plan fresh from the Looney Bin, up the food chain, and White House blessed," Jack started, sarcastically. "Before I go into that I want to make certain that everybody has been briefed on the new Seppie Stinger mecha that is comparable in capabilities to the Marine FM-12s. Everybody has been briefed at this point, right?" Jack paused and saw affirmitive nods and grunts and saw no hands go up.
But on iOS it gets displayed as;

Quote:
"Yes sir, " Conner replied, and immediately began passing along strings of orders to the senior advisors in the room and across the system via AIC QM.
Alberts decided to take a stroll around the West Wing and wait for further developments. The end of his era was going to come soon and he feared now with much less praise than he had hoped for. His legacy was changing dramatically by the second.
"CAG on deck!"
"At ease." Lieutenant Commander Jack Boland stepped up to the podium in the front of the briefing room. The large gray conference room was more than thirty meters wide and twice that deep and could hold a seated audience of more than a thousand people in the stadium seating. The room was crowded and standing-room-only at present.
"All right, here is our game plan fresh from the Looney Bin, up the food chain, and White House blessed," Jack started, sarcastically. "Before I go into that I want to make certain that everybody has been briefed on the new Seppie Stinger mecha that is comparable in capabilities to the Marine FM-12s. Everybody has been briefed at this point, right?" Jack paused and saw affirmitive nods and grunts and saw no hands go up.
Using Kobo styling it works fine, but that styling method forces a blank line between all paragraphs, and two lines between paragraphs that should have one. It is more correct, but the large line spacing is a real pain.

Using Kobo styling;

Quote:

"CAG on deck!"

Are you on the development team? Do you have the ability to provide suggestions to the dev team? I'm asking as I posted on getsatisfaction regarding the android app, and I sent an email as suggested but no response. Currently I feel the android app is very sub-par in comparison.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote