View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 08:39 AM   #34
crossi
Guru
crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I once wanted a physical library. I dreamed about having a room just for books. I had a large collection of paper books. Four bookcases jammed full and 29 boxes I didn't have shelf space for. After getting my ereader I replaced about half with the ebooks and donated the paper books. It was liberating to no longer have all my space overrun with boxes. I'm also thinking of the future. I'm at the age when I need to start planning about needing to downsize to a smaller place and eventually look at retirement homes. Retirement apartments are tiny. In not too long a time I'll need to dispose of almost all my paper books because I simply won't have room for them. So I say no. Spend your money on something you'll actually use unless you have enough to just throw it away. I've been getting rid of a lot of physical stuff, not just books. Clothes that I don't like or don't fit. Appliances and tools I bought but never use. Art work that no longer appeals. The more I get rid of the freer I feel.
crossi is offline   Reply With Quote