View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 02:45 PM   #27
barny
barny began at the beginning.

Device: ipad & kindle
Sorry don't understand how this helps - maybe my library tagging is inadequate but having to improve my tags on every book would make even more work.

Here's a more concrete example: say I search for all books where the comments include the word 'cowboy' so I get a view with thirty books, and for twenty of these I want to mark all books by each of their authors. I don't want to have to manually process these where I: select a book in the search result, press alt-a to view all the books by that author, press ctrl-a to select all that author's books, click twice to temp mark them, then go back and reselect my search, figure out which is the next book to do, and repeat, for each of the search results. That's two keypresses and a click then another click to reselect the search, all times the number of search results. For my example with twenty search results that's 40 keypresses and 60 mouse clicks, and a very tedious piece of work.

Instead I'd like to do the search, click to select what appears to be relevant search results, go to the temp mark addin, select 'mark all books by the authors of the selected book(s)' or 'mark all books in the same series as the selected book(s)' - after selecting the books in the search results that's a keypress and two clicks after doing the search regardless of the number of results.

And if I'm using the temp mark plugin like this, I could also do some marking of books with (pony|foal) in the comments, or ones that are tagged 'western', then at the end go to the list of marked items and review them in more detail before doing whatever I want to do with them: delete, mark as to read, export to a different library,...

Or is there another existing way of doing this that involves the same-ish constant number of keystrokes/clicks as what I just described regardless of the number of search results, i.e. not having to do an additional manual operation to process each item I'm interested in the search result?

Last edited by barny; 04-03-2013 at 03:32 PM.
barny is offline   Reply With Quote