View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 06:51 AM   #32
LCF
Wizard
LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin V3 (LBook), GS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I know it. But the problem is that laws are slower than technology, and the second pass is not illegal (it doesn't mean that it's legal, only there's a void).
Well, if you can trust Wikipedia a directive is:

Quote:
A directive is a legislative act of the European Union,[1] which requires member states to achieve a particular result without dictating the means of achieving that result. It can be distinguished from regulations which are self-executing and do not require any implementing measures. Directives normally leave member states with a certain amount of leeway as to the exact rules to be adopted. Directives can be adopted by means of a variety of legislative procedures depending on their subject matter.
Is there a specific deadline for applying a convention in the EU? Or does it depend from the political/social pressure?

The convention itself defines a lot of things, but they all regard the future of copyright law in the EU. If I understand the definition of convention, all these things inside should be achieved by the Members... one day. And this directive definitely doesn't "overrun" local laws.

Btw, there is a huge difference between uploading a book on your blog in Western Europe/North America/Australia/etc and Bulgaria. AND we are no talking about a blog here.

Could someone please post a link to an online library. I have read posts from people telling "I just downloaded XX from my local library", I would like to see how they function. Thanks
LCF is offline   Reply With Quote