View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 08:56 AM   #4
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by gib65 View Post
Hello,

I'm trying to edit my epub file in Sigil. I have a table that looks like the attached image to the left. At least, that's the way I want it to look. It does look that way in Sigil, but then when I upload my epub file to KDP, convert it to .mobi, then downloaded and view it, my table looks like the attached image to the right.
Do the following:

1. In your stylesheet.css file, write:

Code:
table {
   border-collapse:collapse;
   border: 2px solid black;
}

th {
   border: 2px solid black;
   line-height: 2em;
   text-align: left;
   font-weight: bold;
   padding: 0.5em 2.5em;
   background: url("../Images/Smiley.png") 0.5em center no-repeat;
   background-size: 1.5em 1.5em;
   background-color: #CCC;
}

td {
   padding: 0 15px;
}

p, li {
   text-align: justify;
}

li {
   margin-bottom: 1em;
}

2. In your .html file write:

Code:
<table>
    <tr>
      <th>Principle: Computer Analogy of the Brain</th>
    </tr>

<tr>
      <td>
        <p>The brain is like a computer and its MODs are like circuits in that:</p>

<ol>
          <li>Logic gates permit some signals to pass through while inhibiting others. Synapses permit some signals to pass through while inhibiting others.</li>

<li>Logical expressions can be physically represented with the activity of computer circuits. Logical thinking can be physically represented with the activity of MODs.</li>

<li>Computer circuits control the behavior of robots. Brains control the behavior of humans.</li>

<li>Computers process information as Boolean values (1s and 0s). Brains process information as Boolean values (neurons firing and not firing).</li>
        </ol>
      </td>
    </tr>
</table>
This is how the table looks in ADE:
Click image for larger version

Name:	TableForMobi1.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	115064

This in the .kf8 format:

Name:	screen_shot-31209.gif
Views:	235
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	115065

and this for the old mobi format:

Name:	TableForMobi2.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	115066

Below I attach the respective ePub (of course, you'll have to change the small image in the table header ).

Regards
Rubén

EDIT: It wouldn't be a bad idea to use:

Code:
p, li {
   font-size: 80%; /* or 90% */
}
instead of only:

Code:
p, li {
}
Attached Files
File Type: epub Table for Mobi.epub (4.2 KB, 126 views)

Last edited by RbnJrg; 11-12-2013 at 09:13 AM.
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote