View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 07:29 PM   #1350
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Personally, if there's versions on two sites, I look at them on the sites and then choose rather than downloading both to decide.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade Aislin View Post
... It also might prevent duplicate stories when an author changes his or her name, as I have seen a few different authors on FFN change their name mid way through a story. The story would be recognized by the url and wouldn't be duplicated because the author's name no longer matched.
If the URL matches, FFDL will update that book, even if the title or author have changed.

Attached is a version that gives you the chance to decline updates that would change the URL of a story. Give it a try and let me know what you think--everybody, not just Jade Aislin.

UPDATE May 7, 2013 - Remove obsolete beta versions

Last edited by JimmXinu; 05-07-2013 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions