View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 10:31 AM   #4
bcgirl
Groupie
bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bcgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad2-64gb, Sony PRS-T1, KOBO mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
Add all your books from your different sources to it and use as a catalog... Instead of the Sony or Kobo store. Amongst other things, I use it to decide what I'm going to put on my readers next: it has cover art, the summary of the book, tags, can be searched and can be sorted in multiple ways. It is my "backup" copy of each book as well, directly on my computer. If you only have a few hundred books, I guess you could live without it, but when you have thousands it's definitely a "must". It has saved me from buying duplicates several times as I buy from multiple stores.
And that's apart from all the modifications you can make to your books. Also,with certain "tools" from "Apprentice Alf" you can remove the DRM which allows you to read books across several devices regardless of format (ie books purchased from Amazon on your Sony). I could go on much longer but these are the things I personally use it most for...
Buying books from Amazon.....ok am all interested now Did not know I could do that. Other than that, you're right. I don't think I need it now since my book collection is very small. I only buy books from Sony or Kobo (really don't know where else to go?) but I almost feel to buy a Kindle just for the Amazon collection of books and prices.
bcgirl is offline   Reply With Quote