View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 03:29 PM   #12
SpiderMatt
Grand Arbiter
SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Amazon Kindle, Motorola Droid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Sony closed my wife's account so we could combine them with mine. Then we tried to register her computer to my account. Didn't work. So I called Sony and they sorted it right away.

The solution is to install Skype and then use that to call Amazon. Email support like that is not all that wonderful. This sort of case needs an actual phone call so you can talk to someone and explain the situation.
I have a VoIP account with Yahoo and I tried that route. Unfortunately, as I mentioned above, the time difference did not work out. I'm 16 hours ahead of Pacific time right now and I only had time to call in the evening, by which time Kindle's customer service had closed. The regular customer service still answered the phones but they were not helpful. I don't think they were trained to deal with the issues I needed addressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
The thing I would be most annoyed with was that the books was not transferable. That means you loose all your books that are not in print anymore and cannot be bought again.
As I mentioned, I have all the books deDRMed on my hard drive and I am definitely keeping them without paying for them again with my reimbursed money. I figure Amazon at least owes me that. It's a small token. The publishers already got paid, I'm sure. It's Amazon's money I'm taking and I didn't buy that many books, anyway.
SpiderMatt is offline   Reply With Quote