View Single Post
Old 09-20-2014, 10:00 PM   #6
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
I want to believe that the missing things will be done in the next firmware.
There are a few betas available. A few weeks old at this moment.
Also keep in mind that it takes some time for hackers and developers to port a new fbreader or coolreader for the new model. It was like that with other models.
The feature I miss the most is the ability to choose the program for opening epubs.
vsftp program is working, so we have copy of default (internal) versions of configuration files. fsftp is a third-party program, an ftp server running on reader, so you can root in internal files on filesystem through WiFi from a PC on the same net.

Mind you, it is still MUCH more configurable system than other readers. I am just worried about the trend I see across several recent models.
I know that, on the older devices, the menu option to use another app only appears if there are more than one apps specified in the extensions.cfg file. So I'm not sure whether you're saying that there is no "Open with" menu item because there is only one app for reading, or because the extensions.cfg file is no longer supported. Have you tried modifying exensions.cfg and adding a fake app to see if the "Open with..." menu option appears?
rkomar is online now   Reply With Quote