View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 09:54 AM   #4
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by taustin View Post
I suspect you're more likely to physically damage the surface of the screen than anything else.
Which is not to underestimate.
I've been lucky myself so far.
But there are lots of stories (legend or not, who knows?), people stating damages of the displays due to very minor bumps.
There's a substrate layer below the (glas) surface of the display.
Obviously, minor tension can be enough to stress that substrate.
And then the display can take harm.
I never put anything on top of my readers. I never transport them without protecting the display. Better safe than sorry...
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote