View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 06:53 AM   #12
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Please let me suggest to create a new thread for the viral vs. non-viral license dispute :-) I think we all know how these discussion are determined to never end...

And back to topic: I have a bit of C code here using libusb(x) for talking to the K3's USB loader (ROM kernel part is implemented, RAM kernel part is not). I'll publish it when I'm back home, it could be also starting grounds at least for the K3. The K3 does not use USB HID as wrapper but uses a proprietary USB protocol (basically just serial I/O over two USB bulk transfer endpoints).

I agree that a one-stop unbricking tool would be really, really nice. However, let's see where this is heading. Maybe we will get something like Android's "custom ROM" culture. I'm not sure if I would like that, however. It's a bit messy to deal with tens and hundreds of more-or-less broken device images...
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote