Thread: Firmware Update Kindle Collection Manager for Windows
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 09:37 AM   #90
acolegate
Kindle App Developer
acolegate is no ebook tyro.acolegate is no ebook tyro.acolegate is no ebook tyro.acolegate is no ebook tyro.acolegate is no ebook tyro.acolegate is no ebook tyro.acolegate is no ebook tyro.acolegate is no ebook tyro.acolegate is no ebook tyro.acolegate is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Kindle Collection Manager v0.4 is ready for beta testing!

Hi everyone,

Firstly I'd like to thank you and the hundreds of other MobileRead.com forum users who signed-up for the beta program. I've had really positive feedback and some great suggestions for the next version. Some of which have been incorporated into this new version.

Changes and enhancements in v0.4

This is the one everyone's been asking about...

The big feature that's occupied most of my time between v0.3 and v0.4 has been adding support for all Kindle-compatible DRM files. To this end, the app now supports PDF, MOBI, AZW, AZW1, PRC and TPZ files (phew!)

There have also been some cosmetic enhancements including a new look button bar, new look dialogues, an "about" box, and an "options" form.

I've also changed the Kindle detection code which previously prevented the app from starting if the Kindle had never had a collection created before ;-) Also, the commit and eject functions have been tweaked and the dialogue boxes simplified.

Become part of the beta team and download the app

I've set up a website for the app so the latest version can be downloaded. I'll be adding features to the site including more detailed instructions, FAQs and screenshots etc.

http://www.Colegate.net/KindleCollectionManager

Feedback

I would value any comments you have about the app including...
  • It's look and feel.
  • Any problems or errors you see.
  • Any changes or enhancements you'd like to see in the app.
  • How you're using the app and how you benefit from it.
Forthcoming features in v0.5
  • Add an indicator to show if a file is already a member of a collection.
  • Show number of files / items in a collection in brackets after the folder / collection name with an option to turn on off item count suffix for folders / collections.
  • Multi-select items in trees.
  • Add a "Sync" button that synchronises folders and their contents into collections.
  • File / folder management
    • Create folder (creates folder on the device)
    • Rename folder (renames folder on the device)
    • Delete folder (deletes the folder and its contents from the device)
    • Drop a file into a folder from outside the app (adds a file to the device)
    • Rename file in a folder (renames file on the device)
  • Add support for MP3 files.

Future investigations
  • See if the order of items in collections can be set.
  • See if the installer can uninstall a previous version automatically.
  • Look into how Calibre plugins work and see whether the app could be built as a plugin.
acolegate is offline   Reply With Quote