View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 06:51 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
OK, the results of my experiments are as follows. First of us, I deleted the version I had on the Reader which, as I say, didn't work.

I then re-downloaded the original version from Baen (10,598kb). This worked fine.

I deleted the file again from Reader, and did my "standard" Baen processing in Word ("Ctrl+Shift+>" twice to bump up the font size, then "File/Properties" to set the author and title) and re-saved it. The size shrank to 6,255kb. I copied this to Reader and it still worked fine.

I think we can conclude, therefore, that with the original version of Connect and the Reader's firmware, it screwed up. With the new firmware and Connect, both the original and my "re-processed" version work fine.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote