View Single Post
Old 08-15-2006, 03:08 PM   #1
Stuart Young
MobileRead Editor
Stuart Young has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: e61i / Eee PC / PRS-505
Gadgets Books and Planes = A bad cocktail

News has been a bit slow the last couple of days. So I thought I get some get some good old fashioned reader participation going on. Unless your either been off-world or on a Desert Island since last week, you'll be aware the latest suspected security threat at Heathrow Airport. - Hand luggage had been practically banned, everything must be in the cargo hold. Which if you going on a long flight, means you had better pray the onboard movies are good. So my question to you mobilereaders, is how have you been effected by this?

I was flying back from Seattle to Heathrow the day after all this kicked off. My flight was delayed by 9 hours and the book I bought in the Terminal I had to leave behind. My iLiad was all wrapped up in a large piece of material (or so I thought) when I eventually got to London. My stuff had been searched again before being put on the plane, the iLiad was loose in among the cables from my laptop. Luckily for me it didn't have a scratch on it.

So dear reader, did you leave a copy of Harry Potter behind in some exotic airport? Were you gadgets jiggled around in a way you didn't like? (sounds wrong)

Vent your frustrations here.
Stuart Young is offline   Reply With Quote