View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 01:42 PM   #2
Joe563
Never spit into the wind.
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch, Kobo Android(smartphone & tablet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyTeLight View Post
Bought a Glo for my wife this weekend and wasn't able to set it up. Wireless setup came up with an error when checking for updates and the desktop app gives an "Something unexpected happened while we were setting up your eReader and we need to try again." error after login. I tried 3 different computers (3 different operating systems), then tried tethering my phone just incase the firewall on my router was causing issues and finally even tried it at work. Same problem everywhere.

After spending an hour with tech support trying everything I had already tried again, they gave up and had to escalate it. I am waiting to hear back from them. With nothing else to try I returned the unit and got another. Still same problem. I am pretty convinced it has to be something on their end.

I thought about trying to insert a user to bypass the setup but this is for my wife and I just want it to be easy for her. I want her to be able to buy books off the store.

Anyways just curious if anyone else recently has had similar problems trying to setup their device? I am in Canada in case that matters.
Does your Kobo password contain special characters such as @ or &? If so, change your password so that it only contains numbers and letters.
Joe563 is offline   Reply With Quote