View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 01:27 AM   #1
RCR
Addict
RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 x Sony 505, iPad, Samsung 7 Tablet, ASUS Transformer, Nexus 7
Free ebook on TV writing: "Valuable Lessons"

There's a Freebie ebook available - "Valuable Lessons: How I Made (and lost) seven million dollars writing for over a hundred shows you never heard of" by Andrew Nicholls.

This is a pdf (288 pages). A really funny, well written memoir by a TV writer. He claims he couldn't find a publisher for it. I don't know why. It was so funny, informative, well written, that I read it in two sittings.

The authors' website is horrible. They must have used every hint in "1001 Ways to Create a Messy Website" when they set it up.

The link to the ebook is:

http://www.nichollsvickers.com/architectural_009.htm

Click on the grey oblong titled "Valuable Lessons the book" to get the pdf.

The pdf is muddy and faded to the extent it won't convert to txt. So, you've got to read it as it is. I read it on my desktop computer.

But, if there's any would-be TV writers amongst you - this is the place to start. You'll learn heaps about the real world of TV writing and have a lot of laughs along the way.
RCR is offline   Reply With Quote