View Single Post
Old 12-07-2007, 09:07 AM   #11
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post

You have to use the computer-side software to make Collections ... I think you said you haven't installed the Sony app yet, but you can also use libprs500 to make them (a forum search will turn it up for you). A lot of people prefer libprs500, but I'm unsure of its status with regard to working with the 505. It works quite well for the 500 by all accounts, but I'm not entirely sure it's been adjusted to support the 505 yet.

Collections have a couple of quirks though. They're not really a set of books, per se. The titles show up in a Collection, but the book itself is still in the main "Books" list -- the Collection is really just a set of pointers. You can move the order around inside the collection so if you want publication order in a series instead of alpha by title, it'll let you do that. But if you delete a book in a Collection, it just removes the pointer, not the file, you have to go back to the main "Books" listing to do that.

This is all through the Sony PC-side software, of course.
Just wanted to clarify LibPRS works fine with the 505 I use it on my Mac and have no problems what so ever with it and have in fact never even used the Sony software as i dont have a windows machine.

And all of those other things dont need the sony software at all just LibPRS.
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote