View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 10:42 PM   #15
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Would you agree with me, Jack, in saying that virtually all the improvement is in how "black" the text is, and that the "white" background is only very slightly different?

When Pearl screens first came out, people were saying that the background was "white". I honestly cannot agree with that; to my eye, the screen background is pretty much the same as it is on the older screens; the improvement is that the text is now truly black rather than grey.
HarryT, try a side by side comparison of the K2 and K3 comparing the "white" areas. Try looking at them in differing light/glare situations. To my eyes the black is definitely blacker but the "white" is perceptibly lighter gray.

What I think they have done is altered the reflectivity of the "white". In fact what I think they have done is introduced a little pearlescence. Hence the name.

Last edited by NormHart; 08-30-2010 at 10:46 PM.
NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote