Thread: Game of Thrones
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 02:19 PM   #112
Ryvyan
I read what I want.
Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ryvyan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, iPhone 6, Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by melchizedek View Post
A friend of mine described Game of Thrones as 'fantasy for people who don't usually read fantasy'. I do read a little fantasy, and I kind of understand where she's coming from. It's really not that heavy on its fantasy elements.
IA, but it makes it a little easier to read I think. But coupled with fact that I'm stuck on book 4 now (snooze-fest), I voted 'it's OK'.

It took me forever to get through the beginning of book 2, but IA that it picked up very quickly afterwards, and book 3 was a breeze.

On the HBO show, as Ben Wyatt on Parks and Rec said:
Quote:
Ben: They would never cancel Game of Thrones. It’s a crossover hit! They’re telling human stories in a fantasy world.
Season 1 was amazing, and it made me pick up the books. But season 2 was rubbish; too much sex for no purpose, like it was just trying to be raunchy.

There was this scene I remember of two girls going at it in the background while Petyr Baelish was talking about... something to... someone. It was a long monologue, and I'm a straight female but I couldn't concentrate on that scene. I had to rewind it and listen without seeing any visuals to understand what was going on.

I still don't really remember what was going on.
Ryvyan is offline   Reply With Quote