View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 10:27 PM   #37
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
They can and do also decide not to print excellent works that they don't think will bring in enough money, or are too controversial for them. Since I read in genres that are considered unprofitable and controversial, I'm very happy for self-publishing to be an option.

You are, of course, welcome to insist that your reading material be vetted by a publisher before you even consider it. But it's a bit rude to imply the rest of us would be better off if we put a similar filter on our reading habits.
I cannot speak for self-published stories on a whole as I don't read enough of them. But I can speak for a number of self-published eBooks with really bad (some just awful) covers. Bad covers should be banned. If the cover is bad, I'll pass over even bothering with the description.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote