View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 08:03 AM   #25
wayrad
Fanatic
wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HTC One M8
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanByk View Post
Hi,
can you please recommend historic fiction books to me?
Books I have read and which I liked a lot are for instance "The Pope Joan" and "The name of the rose".
Thank you
Robert
I'm not sure whether you're interested in mysteries with historical settings (although Name of the Rose is one, of course), but John Maddox Roberts' excellent SPQR series has become available in ebook. I read the first 2 in paperback years ago, but never encountered the rest until now. Fictionwise has a couple of the later volumes at inflated prices, but B&N has those and more for US $9.99 (Ereader format, but thanks to DarkReverser that's not a problem )

Another excellent historical mystery I read recently is Suzanne Alleyn's The Cavalier of the Apocalypse. It's set just before the French Revolution and is actually a prequel to a series that is only available currently in p-book, though, so you might not want to get hooked.
wayrad is offline   Reply With Quote