View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 03:51 PM   #25
bullet
Rookie Mucker
bullet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bullet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bullet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bullet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bullet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bullet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bullet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bullet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bullet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bullet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bullet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pixel 7. Moto G, Kobo Glo HD, PW2, Linux PCs
Quote:
Originally Posted by thersites View Post
How many of us developed our reading habit because as kids our parents regularly took us to the library often and got us hooked on books? Libraries are like the neighborhood drug dealer giving away samples to stimulate later demand. Even with children's books, I've spent a whole lot to give my kids books I remember fondly from my childhood that I checked out and read (or had read to me) repeatedly. We've also got a nice collection of books my kids found at the library and loved enough that we bought a copy.
I like your viewpoint. There is so much more provided by libraries than simply books, dvds, cds, and periodicals. How about places to convene for meetings? How about the direction and advice given by librarians and library patrons. I received a lot of help in my developing years. How about a place to read or research while waiting for a ride home from working parents? Libraries are still relevent for many reasons.
bullet is offline   Reply With Quote