View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 10:17 AM   #46
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
I am not generally, a cold, harsh or difficult person, I will go far out of my way in my work or socially to help others, but I draw the line at a company's representative stating, or even implying that, we the consumers -and often the ad hoc tech department, should be careful of what we say about a product or development team because of the negative impact it may have on them. Get real and do your jobs and we will have nothing about which to carp.
Perhaps it's not the content but the manner in which the content is provided. A bit more diplomacy in posting complaints might improve the overall tone of these forums as well. The old saw about a diplomat being someone who can tell you to go to Hell but does so in fashion which has you looking foward to the trip comes to mind.

As someone who has worked in IT for more years than I care to remember, I've found that politeness and courtesy often work wonders in improving service. The squeaky wheel may get the grease but the sarcastic squeaky wheel gets moved to the bottom of the trouble ticket list.

Regards,
David

Last edited by DNSB; 01-17-2013 at 10:18 AM. Reason: typos -- what else is old?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote