View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 09:32 PM   #74
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Reply to Off-Topic Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
Sorry for this a bit irrelelevant question:
I used your tip to take a screenshot. But mine is not clear as yours?

final:
Your original raw image is 608 wide. Before resizing you need to crop it to 600 wide by cutting 8px off the right side. Depending on image content, it might help to sharpen it before resizing. Then you really should resize by integers, using a good quality resizing filter (like Lanczos). If you shrink an image too far, small text will not be readable. Following are copies of your original raw image that I cropped, sharpened, the resized to exactly 1/2, 1/3, and 1/4 of the original size. Your sample image is 198 wide , which is not an exact integer fraction of the original after cropping, and may cause extra loss of image quality.

I did not sharpen my images after resizing, but it appears that you did. Depending on the image, sharpening can make it better or worse, depending on content.

Personally, I would not shrink images with text below half-size. I would instead crop them to fit (like I did with the MfgTool images that were much too wide to fit a mobileread page).

In the case of my screenshot used in the first post, it was taken from diagnostics mode, which uses a pixel-doubled 5x7 character font. Because each pixel was duplicated in width and height, resizing it to half-width did not lose any of the original content.

Last edited by geekmaster; 02-24-2012 at 09:55 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote