Thread: Touch .kepub.epub
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 01:58 PM   #216
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
My driver piggybacks on the hard work done by davidfor and those who came before him on the mainline Kobo driver. I simply modify the contents of the books and then hand them off to the mainline driver to handle the upload. ..... but if a respectable number of people want it I would see what I could do. ......
I really wasn't asking for any change to the way the plugin works, I just wondered if it was possible to locate a copy of the kepubified book in temporary files or similar (though thinking about it as conversion is triggered by transfer to the device and any attempt to communicate with it fails after the initial synch that wouldn't work). At present I have no way of putting kepub versions of books onto my Glo as it looks like the 2.50 update has some low-level incompatibility with the Kobo driver itself. I can copy standard epubs without using Calibre so having access to a kepub versions would have been useful as a work-round. I'm surprised no-one else has hit this problem -it's pretty fundamental to the interaction between Calibre and the Kobo. I think I need to investigate things like my AV software (AVG) to see if that is why I'm suffering and no-one else seems to be.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote